Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thx Gilly!!

Not many times, this has happened to me. I just remember one another instance in the past, September 3, 2006 to be precise. That was when Andre Agassi retired from International Tennis. I really could not digest the fact that it was his last day on court. And now again, Gilchrist! I had never dreamt that my emotions would ebb for an Australian cricketer. Oh yeah, nothing happened to me when Warne/McGrath bade goodbye a few months back. May be, I did regret for Steve Waugh. But then it was when he almost singlehandedly denied an Indian Series win on Australian Soil. Somehow, or the other Gilchrist becomes special to me.

His action when he was declared not out in the WC Semifinal 2007 (by who other than Steve Bucknor!), well, I can never ever forget that. He just hit his head with his fingers and started walking. Sri Lankans were like "What!"

(Though Steve Waugh expressed his dissent on "Walking", I feel a great deal of sportsmanship in it! Tendulkar did walk after he stormed sharjah with his flurry of shots after the desert-strom. Yet, Gilchrist did it after being declared not out!)

Cya in IPL Gilly!!

Btw, I am just beginning to wonder what will happen to me when Dravid or Sachin announces his retirement!?!!

!@#$%^&*%$#!?^%$!

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger amrit said...

You blogged? Am I dreaming or something?

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gilly all the way... now we have to wait for the next ipl
btw pappu can blog,pappu only can't dance saala

 

Post a Comment

<< Home